Waterfall Club Info
Overlooking the 2,775-acre Lake Burton, Waterfall Club is a gated golf community offering luxury homes in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Club membership at this North Georgia retreat provides access to championship golf, the Mountain Lodge clubhouse, Athletic Center and outdoor recreation in the Chattahoochee National Forest. Named as one of the five "Best of the Best" private golf courses in Georgia by Georgia Golf News, Waterfall Club's mountain golf course features 18 holes recently redesigned by Bergin to convert the fairway grass to Zeon Zoysia and improve playability for golfers of all skill levels. On the signature second hole, golfers tee off at the top of a 215-foot cascading waterfall. The 52,000-square-foot Athletic Center includes a Wellness center, heated Jr Olympic swimming pool, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and indoor sports courts for tennis, pickle ball, and basketball. The outdoor tennis court boasts views unmatched by any other outdoor hard court. An on-site concierge organizes activities and a full social calendar of events. The Club also has a dock on the lake where fishing, swimming, kayaking and picnicking are encouraged and boats are available for half or full day rental.
Because Waterfall is centrally located in the northeast Georgia mountain-lakes region, Atlanta, Asheville or Greenville can be reached by car in less than an hour and 50 minutes. Franklin, NC with its Smoky Mountain Music Hall is only a 45 minute drive and Athens, Ga with the Classic Center is only a 90 minute drive. Both venues offer consistently outstanding programs of concerts, entertainers and Broadway shows.
· Acreage - 450 acres (182 hectares)
· Gatehouse - Manned gatehouse
· Club Structure - Non-Equity
· Aircraft Runway Nearby - Heaven's Landing offers fly in privileges for Waterfall members
· Clubhouse - The Mountain Lodge clubhouse sits on top of Waterfall Mountain, with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Lake Burton; fine and casual indoor dining, meeting rooms, bar lounge, outdoor dining on The Stiles Porch or at The Overlook, 24 seat theater, bocce ball court and game room.
· Business Center, Fitness, Golf Shop and Activities - 52,000-square-foot Athletic Center with golf shop, Jr. Olympic heated swimming pool, whirlpool, hot tub, steam room & sauna, indoor tennis, basketball, pickle ball and Wellness Center
· Spa Services - Schedule a relaxing massage or facial in the Waterfall Spa. Services by appointment.
· Golf - 18-hole championship course designed by Scott Pool, redesigned in 2021 by Bill Bergin; Certified PGA professional provides instruction. Fully equipped golf shop. Rental clubs available.
· Lake -– Club dock on Lake Burton with boat and kayak rentals
· Recreation -– Active social calendar, clubs, and concierge to organize events
· Tennis -– Indoor tennis inside the Athletic Center; outdoor tennis courts with spectacular views
· Healthcare - Mountain Lakes Medical Center is 15 minutes away and offers 24-hour emergency room services. The hospital has agreements, including ambulance and helicopter services, with Gainesville, Atlanta and other area hospitals.
· Shopping & Dining - Downtown Clayton has an old-fashioned Main Street with specialty shops, art galleries, antiques, vineyards, and restaurants. Rabun County has been recognized as Georgia's number one 'Farm to Table' dining location.
· Area Attractions - Lake Burton has two marinas with boat rentals and both wet slip and dry storage. While the lake offers trophy fishing experiences, trout fishing streams can be reached within a 10-minute drive. The Chattahoochee National Forest has hiking trails, access to the Appalachian Trail is a 10 minute drive and there is whitewater rafting on the Chattooga River.